Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My First Blog

Many people have been telling me that blogging is a new way to get students involved in reading and reading responses. I have sat through numerous speakers on the subject with mixed feelings. In my opinion, some of the speakers were a little over confident in their blogging prowess. It made me wonder if they even taught anything and were in front of their computer all day while their students were silent reading. Betsy Salm and Tod Radke for Kiel, Wisconsin gave a presentation at the Wisconsin Reading Conference in February about blogging in the classroom. I finally felt like they gave me enough information to start my own blogging experience for my students. Here I go.

I look forward to finding different resources to include with my blog and to develop a web page that will keep my students coming back. What do you think? As the first readers of my first blog, can this be an educational resource that will work for you as a student and me as the teacher?

Mr. Kohl

3 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to reading your students comments about the book you are reading to them. I loved When You Reach Me. I read it because it was the Newbery Award winner this year. It kept me guessing until the very end and the ending was a surprise to me. Does anyone have any guesses about who is leaving the notes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey can i maby read this book for my next book i think i will love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its a good idea to do this.. would this subsitute something?

    ReplyDelete

When leaving a comment on this page, be sure to elaborate on your thinking. Show me how you can participate or lead a discussion with your thinking beyond the literal text. The purpose is to develop your thinking and communication. Please keep your comment middle school appropriate. Thank you for joining this discussion.