Wednesday, April 4, 2012

As Good As Hunger Games?


The Maze Runner:
by James Dashner
The book I have recently read is The Maze Runner by James Dashner. The book is a very mysterious, and enjoyable book. The main character is Thomas who was sent to the Glade by the Creators. The glade is a man-made mysterious place for the kids that were sent to there after an apocalyptic disease has struck the earth. The other kids that were sent to the glade feel that Thomas has some kind of connection with the creators and the only girl, that ironically, was sent there day after he arrived. This was strange because one new kid usually came evey month. One of the problems between the kids is trust. The walls moving and the grieved machines that try to sting the characters that are trying to escape the maze, are also big obsticals to get back to home.

I recommend this book to anyone that likes a science fiction mystery book. This book will leave you hanging, and make you want to read more. I really enjoyed this book and I think everyone else will too

10 comments:

  1. sounds interesting I might read this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is like hunger ganes but the book is much better than the movie because the movie doesn't show more details to it

      Delete
  2. I have a question is the movie and book good cause i might read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive been wanting to read this book sence mr.Kohl indurduced it to me.From what he says its a good book kinda like the hunger game seires,i really liked that seires.I am expecting alot from that book because Mr.Kohl told me its a great book,and to me great means a lot.I am a big reader and hope to read this book soon!Thanks Mr.Kohl for telling me about this book!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think this sounds like a good book but who are the creators and what is the disease?

      Delete
    2. I recommened this book to anyone who has read the Hunger Games and liked it. It is a really good book I am reading it for reading workshop.

      Delete
    3. Ally, did it have enough thinking???

      Delete
  4. You make this sound like a great book, After small steps I think this is going to be my next book. Thankyou Mr.kohl for showing this book to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to agree with Dalton he is right this trilogy is great especially if you liked the hunger games since all the books have a different style plot it's better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would really like to read this book for a guied reading book but it might be to high of a level

    ReplyDelete

When leaving a comment on this page, be sure to elaborate on your thinking. Show me how you can participate or lead a discussion with your thinking beyond the literal text. The purpose is to develop your thinking and communication. Please keep your comment middle school appropriate. Thank you for joining this discussion.