Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Persuasion Paper Poetry

Persuasion Papers to Grade

It's 3:00 A.M.
Can't sleep.
I didn't finish reading those five paragraph essays.
The kids worked so hard.
Most of them.
Some are already asking how they did.
Gotta give em good feedback.
They deserve that.
50 papers to go.



It's 3:30 A.M.
Man!
Did I ever teach topic sentences?
Have they ever heard of punctuation?
Run-on sentences galore!
Fragments!
Pronouns?
Why do they keep speaking to me?!
C-
Dang!
Only two papers done.
48 papers to go.
Sigh.


4:00 A.M.
OH MY!
What persuasive Voice!
What great ideas!
Fluency.
Transitions.
Counterarguments.
The research!
Sources identified too!
A+

Wait.
Now I'm thinking,
What would happen if I let the kids chew gum?
I know.
It would be under my table and chairs and my shoe!
That's what!
B-
Only 45 more papers to go.

-Mr. Kohl

4 comments:

  1. I really loved the poem because it shows how it feels about staying up the whole night. I think he expressed his true feelings in this poem. I think the author chose this poem because he really wanted to teach the students how hard he works to get his homework done for his students. I think this poem is very clear and there is nothing wrong with the poem. I really loved this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this poem, it showed that you cared about grading are persuasion papers and you are getting into are topics and no just grading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Quinn that it shows that you will put in your time to give us great feedback even though it may be three in the morning.

      Delete
  3. Good job Mr. Kohl. I think you did a great job. I liked how you used repeating sentences. In this poem I think you expressed your feelings. I think this was a poem you chose to write because we did our opinion papers and Mr. Kohl had to grade a lot of papers. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

When leaving a comment on this page, be sure to elaborate on your thinking. Show me how you can participate or lead a discussion with your thinking beyond the literal text. The purpose is to develop your thinking and communication. Please keep your comment middle school appropriate. Thank you for joining this discussion.